Current Job Opportunities
Job Title: Internship
Reports to: Team leads/Office Manager
Compensation: Course credit and volunteer hours only
The internship position is responsible for assisting all teams with various tasks and projects during the term
of a minimum of 12 weeks. Projects include tasks relevant to the daily operations of the rescue including
administrative duties, data management, community outreach, office support and transport coordination. The
internship will include opportunities on every team within the rescue including the operations team, the foster
team, the volunteer team, the fundraising team and marketing team. Interns will be instrumental in assisting
team members with all tasks involved in operating a dog rescue.
• Must have excellent customer service experience
• Strong interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
• The ideal person for this job would be a team player, personable, professional, upbeat and energetic,
takes initiative, uses tact and diplomacy.
• Solid and successful management/leadership experience required
• Must be an excellent problem solver / quick thinker who can work with minimal supervision
• Proven attention to detail with organizational and time management skills
• Demonstrates excellent communication (verbal and written), listening and customer service skills
• Works across organizational lines to support Wags and Walks strategic planning.
• Ability to communicate skillfully and effectively with a diverse community in a professional, pleasant,
respectful manner and use good judgment
• Affection for dogs and concern for their well being
• Must be knowledgeable about dog behaviors and characteristics to help match make.
• Must be comfortable with delegation to the appropriate staff/volunteers
• Must be willing to get hands dirty, be flexible and reliable
• Work as a team with volunteers and staff
• Flexible and a passion for the Wags and Walks mission
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist the team with administrative duties involved in the day to day operations
• Update and organize data on spreadsheets and within databases
• Be present at the Wags and Walks office at least two days per week to assist with office needs.
• Coordinate with the community outreach team to schedule, organize and attend various community
• Assist animal care teams with coordinating transportation needs for adoption events, vet
appointments, shelter days, and any other transportation needs
• Participate in weekly operation call and office meetings
• Must be currently enrolled in college or on break with a plan to enroll in the Spring.
• Must have reliable transportation.
• Must have a current and valid California Driver’s License and be insurable with the W&W Insurance
policy for driving a company vehicle.
• Must have and maintain a good driving record. Should be familiar with the local community streets
and areas and must be capable of reading a map.
• Must be a High School graduate or equivalent
• Must be of good moral character and must have an even disposition and be able to deal effectively
and politely with people from all types of backgrounds and experience and in all types of difficult
situations. This person must have definite abilities to evaluate problems accurately and display good,
sound judgment when working without supervision and under emotional stress. These are extremely
important and critical qualifications
• A high level of professionalism and strong interpersonal skills are required.
To apply for this position please submit your resume, cover letter and 2 professional/academic references to email@example.com
Wags & Walks is always looking for dedicated volunteers to help us achieve of mission.