KEY POINTS TO REMEMBER
- Travel: If you have to go out of town for any reason, work/vacation/etc. please let us know as soon as possible. You need to get permission from the Foster Program Director before you take your foster dog out of the area or place them in someone else's care. Do not give your foster to anyone else unless you have permission from us - this includes friends, babysitters, other fosters, foster to adopt situations, etc. The dogs are our responsibility and we need to know where they are and under whose care at all times.
- Medical Issues: Please email the Foster Program Director if any medical questions/issues arise to gain support or permission if medical attention is necessary. The Foster Program Director and the Medical Coordinator will make an appointment for you at one of our approved vets and the foster dog can typically be dropped off there. If you take the dog to your own vet or even to one of our vets without our permission, we will not be able to reimburse the costs.
- General Questions and Concerns: Many questions may be answered on our FAQs page so please consult there first. If you cannot find the answer to your question there, email the Foster Program Director with all questions and concerns as she needs to know where the dogs are and how they are doing in their foster home. She will answer any questions and help resolve any issues that may arise. Asking someone else to get a faster answer often creates miscommunication and creates further delays.
- Dog Parks and Group Play Dates: Do not bring your foster to a dog park unless you are willing to cover all costs if any incidents that may occur. Your foster dog may behave well but that doesn’t mean the rest of the rest of the dogs will or that your dog won’t jump in on a fight. We do not know what type of abuse our dogs have previously had and we want them to feel and be as safe as possible.
- Adopting Your Foster: Occasionally fosters do decide they cannot part with their foster dog and would like to adopt. Please let us know as soon as you decide so we can let other potential adopters know the dog is no longer available. Not all our dogs are able to go into a foster to adopt situation. If you know in advance you would like to foster to adopt, we need a deposit of half of the adoption fee to stop all meet and greets. We will give you 7 days to decide. If you haven’t decided in those 7 days, we will start arranging meet and greets with other interested parties. Sorry we cannot extend the 7 days deciding window.
Foster Program Director- firstname.lastname@example.org
Medical Coordinator- email@example.com